The term "perfect storm" has come to denote an event "where a rare combination of circumstances will aggravate a situation drastically" as well as " hypothetical hurricane that happens to hit at a region’s most vulnerable area, resulting in the worst possible damage by a hurricane of its magnitude" (Wikipedia).
Ondoy is all that.
Various reasons have been offered for the sudden floods - from the simplistic the-water-has-nowhere-to-go to the complicated global warming and greenhouse effect. But one thing I'm certain about is that Ondoy has brought out the best in Pinoy.
For those who would like to offer help, here are some drop-off points as well as tips on what you could do:
1. Kapuso Foundation - GMA Network Center, Quezon City. Call 932777
2. ABS -CBN Foundation - Call 924-4101 loc 3765 for details. Goods can be accepted in #13 Examiner St. center. Or call 4110846, 371071, 4132667
3. La Salle Greenhills- Gate 3, Just register at the front door. You > can park inside the school compound.
4. Assumption College San Lorenzo- Call Aimee Zenith at 817 0757 or 8943603
5. Vincentian Social Ministry Development Foundation. Call Fr. Sarabia at 09177007821 or contact Grmbulan at 0922807824 or 456-3015
6. Jesus Loves the Children Foundation, 19A Esguerra cor Caruncho St. Pinagbuhatan Pasig City. Call 6403405. Pastor Rachel Sanchez
7. Red Cross: To donate text RED (space) AND SEND TO 2899 for Globe and 4483 for Smart Users.
8. Noynoy - Mar relief operation c/o Gaita Fores, Louie Locsin, Monique Villonco. Pick up point ( starts 6AM Sept 29, Tuesday until midnight of Thursday) is at WHITESPACE, 2314 Pasong Tamo Extn., Makati. They accept water, usable clothes, sturdy sando bags or medium-size trash bags, biscuits, groceries.
9. Some volunteers need your help also. If you can spare some time and money to buy them packed food, they can be found at Ever Gotesco Mall along F. Ortigas Ave., Ext. going to Cainta. You may get in touch with Col. Roland Rodil at 0917-5264797 or 0920 9031511 or Jhun del Ponso at 0917 8035699.
10. Tweet or plurk or re-blog this post. Let it reach as much people as possible.