Freelancing has been the trend lately what with the economic turmoil that most countries are experiencing. This seems to give the same quality of work without the need for additional expenses. Nowadays, when you walk down the streets, you wouldn't even realize that the kid in shirt and pants with the ipod in hand is your company's data entry specialist!
Here are some signs that would let you know if the person you're with is a freelancer:
1. Always has a laptop on hand which he/ she would open anytime he/she can find a table.
2. Drinks a lot of coffee. Being a freelancer myself, I know that two cups of coffee sometimes just don't seem enough anymore
3. Great eye bags!
4. Always has money :) especially if working for oDesk :D (hint! hint!)
5. If you're in the Philippines, you'd probably be asleep in the morning and wide awake in the evening. Talk about time difference!
6. Knows very well what Paypal, Moneybookers, SafePay, Payoneer and escrow means.
I'll update this when I see more signs but, in the meantime, why don't you share yours?