Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Home-based Ranter

I used to work for large companies. I even once worked for a call center. So the current set-up that I have is really something new to me and is, at times, stressful. Why? I am now a home-based worker.

Being a home-based worker can be fun...well, it could be fun in the beginning but when you've got no one to talk to or share your lunch with or hang out with after work, it sucks...big time! I hold my own time which could oftentimes mean that I'd be working until 4:00 am because procrastination got the better of me. I can eat whenever I want to and sleep whenever I feel the need to which means I already have the "puson" of a beer drinker (eeewwwww!!!!). I can play my mo3s as loud as I want to without someone shooting me down. I can watch the TV while I work. Unfortunately, this also means higher bills and a few more "maya ko na tapusin 'to" which leads to "ay syet! ngayon pala kelangan 'to!".

I can go out whenever I want to. Yun nga lang, I have to do it on my own. I can't have my friends be with me because they have to work. Ayan tuloy, hinde ko napanood ang Wolverine :(.

Getting a credit card or a loan is another thing. Anakngkangkungkernitz! Ano ang ipapakita kong certificate of employment? At san ako kukuha ng matinong ITR? On the other hand, it could be a blessing in disguise. At least i won't be tempted to buy tha Blue H1 notebook or that Palm Pre that I'm so drooling about ever since one of my writers posted it in FB.

But, at the end of the day, i would still choose to be a home-based worker. At least no one breathes down my neck, nobody spreads chismis about me, nobody pretends to be my friend para lang ilibre ko sila ng food and I don't miss any CSI episode....yung huli ang pinakaimportante e :)


Digg!

Buy Me A Mocca Frappucino

No comments:

Post a Comment